Our Y community is strong and vibrant and we are grateful for your continued support and participation in the Y! We know the impact the pandemic has had on our mental and physical wellbeing and we remain committed to continuing to provide opportunities and services that support you while providing a safe environment to stay physically and mentally healthy and build immunity.
You may have heard that the city of Gloucester has implemented an indoor mask mandate requiring masks for all indoor businesses effective today, Monday, January 10. Below outlines how these changes impact our YMCA.
- Effective January 10, 2022, under the direction of the Gloucester Board of Health, masks must be worn by all staff and members over the age of 10 at all times while moving about the facility.
- Masks can be removed while exercising. We will continue to space out machines to provide social distancing.
- As this is an evolving situation, and as we receive new guidance and information, we will continue to evaluate our mask practices and be sure to keep you updated.
SAFETY & SANITIZATION IN OUR Ys
We will keep our stringent cleaning practices and facility sanitization plans in place including:
- Investments in air quality and movement through hospital-grade systems
- Widely available cleaning wipes and hand sanitizing stations
- Frequent cleaning and sanitizing by our staff teams
- Recommending that members and participants keep 6 feet of distance, for now
- Equipment will remain spread out as you have become accustomed to
- Physical barriers will remain in some areas
- We will continue adhering to facility capacity guidelines
YOUR ROLE IN SAFETY & SANITIZATION
It takes a village! We thank you for continuing to do your part to keep our Y and our community safe. Here is a reminder of how you can help ensure we can all stay healthy, safe, and connected.
- Clean your fitness equipment and machines with the cleaning supplies provided in our Ys
- Wear your mask
- Stay home if you are sick
Remember, we have enhanced our digital experience with our brand new YMCA360 platform. Enjoy the Y anywhere, on your phone, on your smart TV, and in the Y!
Simply visit ymca360.org
• Click the login button.• Enter your zip code, click continue.• Select your local Y• Enter your email address, click continue.• You will receive a 6-digit email code, via email• Enter the code provided, click continue.• Begin enjoying Y360
On your smart TV, you can search for the YMCA360 App and follow the same process!
Through your membership, you share in a mission to strengthen the community, every single day. Your membership not only helps keep you healthy and supports building immunity, but it also ensures individuals, families, seniors, and children who need us most have access to our Y resources regardless of their ability to pay. As a community service organization, we stand with our community leaders on this decision.
Again, thank you for your cooperation, understanding, and patience as we continue to navigate this post-COVID-19 climate. We will continue to evaluate and share updates as they become available.
Acting Executive Director
Cape Ann YMCA