• Eat Seasonally. If we eat what is offered by nature seasonally and without much processing, our ojas will tend to be strong. We will then naturally crave that which is attuned to our constitution (Body type/Dosha).
• Move your breath through your body for 20 minutes upon arising.
• Cleanse or Detox in the Fall and Spring. Ama (undigested foods and experiences that store in our bodies) When Ama is less, ojas is more.
• Eat 2-3 meals a day. Allowing proper time for complete digestion enables ojas to be formed. Eating too frequently creates ama.
• Sip hot water throughout the day. Sipping hot water will clear your channels of ama and refresh the space.
Building Ojas in the Mind Body:
• Meditate Daily. Allowing time and space for the digestion of mental impressions clears the confusion and mental ama (toxins).
• Self-massage with warm oil (sesame) before showering will help to nurture your nerves, which enables ojas to spread throughout you.
• Create space for down time. The feeling of shared joy, laughter and feeling alive, boosts ojas. Make time each day for a dose.
Beans tend to be hard, heavy, rough, dry and cooling through the lens of Ayurveda. They are best suited for balancing pitta and kapha, however they are very hard to digest for vata and/or those new to incorporating beans into their diet.
Vata: Best to eat in soup due to the added moisture and warmth.
If you choose to use dry beans vs pre-cooked canned beans you must pre-soak overnight and cook for a minimum of 1 hour.
1 lg. spaghetti squash
1/2 cup water, plus more as needed
Preheat oven to 375. Pour the water into a 13×9 inch glass baking dish. Cut the ends off the squash and discard. Cut the squash in 1/2 lengthwise. Remove the seeds. Place each 1/2 cut-side down in the prepared pan. Bake for 45 min., or until the squash is fork-tender, adding another 1/2 cup water if necessary to prevent the squash from burning. Let cool for 5 to 10 min. The flesh will break into spaghetti-like strands as you scrape it out with a fork.
Serve with Olive Oil, salt and pepper or top with Pesto Chutney – so yummy!
Join Kim of Ayurveda Wellness Healing and Katie of North Shore Restorative Yoga on our Sedona Retreat…Relax into Being. January 17-21, 2019
The stunning vistas and red rock of Sedona are calling you back home to your heart. The perfect setting to relax, let go and fall in love with yourself as you absorb the powerful healing energy of this geological wonderland. Find your peace and revival at the luxury Sedona Rouge Spa & hotel, where adventure meets deep relaxation, with daily yoga classes, group discussion, Ayurveda, Vortex Energy Chakra Healing, 15% off on spa services, swag bag, breakfast & lunch, and so much more!
Slow down, reconnect and empower your life with daily rituals that purify and clarify your highest intentions. Join us on this relaxing and healing journey of a lifetime!
Early bird registration before 10/1 and SAVE $200
**First 8 to register will be included in a raffle to win FREE round trip airfare! !
For more information and registration: www.nsryoga.com