Ayurveda and Pineapple….
Ayurveda Wellness Healing, LLC loves the powerful digestive enzymes found in Pineapple such as bromelian. Eat this wonderful fruit to help enhance sluggish or weak digestion.
Pineapple is useful in both indigestion and loss of appetite. It’s juicyness hydrates you as well! Pineapple clears heat and replenishes your strength, energy levels and is helpful with diarrhea, bronchitis, sinusitis and arthritis.
Use Pineapple with any meal….layer slices on ham prior to baking, pineapple grilled skewers, on top of a burger or chicken sandwich, add to your salsa or guacamole – the digestive properties of pineapple combine well with many foods. But DON’T mix pineapple with dairy or yogurt as this combination clogs the channels.
“Blockage is disease/Flow is health” 🙂
For the next two weeks we will be supporting Cape Ann Angles! Please feel free to help us support our local high school students. Grab a tag off the tree and purchase the gift card in need or give us the cash and we’ll go shopping for you. Let’s support our community!
All work no play makes an immune-deficient body.
In Ayurveda, Ojas is our protection, our immunity from disease.
Try a few of these tips from Ayurveda Wellness Healing, LLC to build up your Ojas…or contact us for a private consultation…
Building your Physical Ojas:
• Eat Seasonally. If we eat what is offered by nature seasonally and without much processing, our ojas will tend to be strong. We will then naturally crave that which is attuned to our constitution (Body type/Dosha).
• Move your breath through your body for 20 minutes upon arising.
• Cleanse or Detox in the Fall and Spring. Ama (undigested foods and experiences that store in our bodies) When Ama is less, ojas is more.
• Eat 2-3 meals a day. Allowing proper time for complete digestion enables ojas to be formed. Eating too frequently creates ama.
• Sip hot water throughout the day. Sipping hot water will clear your channels of ama and refresh the space.
Building Ojas in the Mind Body:
• Meditate Daily. Allowing time and space for the digestion of mental impressions clears the confusion and mental ama (toxins).
• Self-massage with warm oil (sesame) before showering will help to nurture your nerves, which enables ojas to spread throughout you.
• Create space for down time. The feeling of shared joy, laughter and feeling alive, boosts ojas. Make time each day for a dose.
“Blockage is disease/Flow is health” 😊
IN HONOR OF THE KENTUCKY DERBY!
REMEMBER! YOU DON’T HAVE TO BE A MEMBER TO ORDER A SMOOTHIE!
COME STOP BY IF YOU’RE IN NEED OF A HEALTHY SNACK!
Beans tend to be hard, heavy, rough, dry and cooling through the lens of Ayurveda. They are best suited for balancing pitta and kapha, however they are very hard to digest for vata and/or those new to incorporating beans into their diet.
Vata: Best to eat in soup due to the added moisture and warmth.
If you choose to use dry beans vs pre-cooked canned beans you must pre-soak overnight and cook for a minimum of 1 hour.
Share with us your favorite dish using beans…
“Blockage is disease/Flow is health” 😋
Don’t you just love Spaghetti Squash?
It’s that big yellow thing in the produce aisle that you quizzically look at and think – “what is that” and “how do you cook it”?
Ayurveda Wellness Healing, LLC has a favorite spaghetti squash dish and it’s so easy to make.
Prep Time: 1 hr.
Servings: 2 – 4
1 lg. spaghetti squash
1/2 cup water, plus more as needed
Preheat oven to 375. Pour the water into a 13×9 inch glass baking dish. Cut the ends off the squash and discard. Cut the squash in 1/2 lengthwise. Remove the seeds. Place each 1/2 cut-side down in the prepared pan. Bake for 45 min., or until the squash is fork-tender, adding another 1/2 cup water if necessary to prevent the squash from burning. Let cool for 5 to 10 min. The flesh will break into spaghetti-like strands as you scrape it out with a fork.
Serve with Olive Oil, salt and pepper or top with Pesto Chutney – so yummy!
“Blockage is disease/Flow is health” 😋