For the next two weeks we will be supporting Cape Ann Angles! Please feel free to help us support our local high school students. Grab a tag off the tree and purchase the gift card in need or give us the cash and we’ll go shopping for you. Let’s support our community!
WE WILL HAVE IT TODAY AT OUR BIRTHDAY PARTY!
COME CELEBRATE WITH US TODAY 10/16/19 4-7 AND HAVE SOME FUN!
HEALTHY SNACKS, MUSIC, HEALTHY WINE TASTING, 10 CIRCUIT TRAINING STATIONS WITH OUR TRAINERS, RAFFLES, DEALS!
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!
Fall is Vata season…think dry, cold, light, rough, sharp and mobil. Similar to the weather and it is a time when many show signs of Vata aggravation keeping us busy at Ayurveda Wellness Healing, LLC!
Signs of Imbalance include:
Anxiety, nervousness, loneliness, fear, restlessness, giddiness and confusion. The excess vata in the mind can also leave you feeling like you can’t calm down or on edge. Your mind may race, have interrupted sleep, forgetfulness and lack of grounding. It left unchecked, it can lead to insomnia and depression to name a few.
Physical signs include:
Twitches, tics, tremors, spasms, dry skin, constipation, bloating, gas, dry hard stools. You may dislike wind and cold and not tolerate loud noise.
A few tips:
Warm, whole, freshly cooked foods.
Add a generous amount of high-quality oils or ghee when cooking.
Dry and light foods (popcorn, crackers)
email us for a private consultation at firstname.lastname@example.org
“Blockage is disease/Flow is health”
Summer maybe winding down but there are plenty of ways to hang onto the smells, memories and tastes.
Through the lens of #Ayurveda food combining plays an important part in ones over all health. One food combining that is a no no is mixing dairy with fruit. Here is a recipe that can get around this:
Peaches And Cashew Cream Recipe (Dairy Free)
• 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 4-6 hours
• the juice of half a lemon
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
• pinch of pink salt
• dash of cardamom
• 1/4 cup water
• 1 probiotic capsule
1. Rinse and drain the cashews. Discard any that have gone brown, black or grey. Pour them into an electric blender and add everything but the probiotic. Blend until creamy, adding more or less water to get the consistency you want. Open the probiotic capsule and pulse the blender to mix lightly but thoroughly.
2. Taste, then spoon into a glass container. Cover with a plate then set in a warm, dark place for 2-3 hours. Taste again. It is done when it begins to taste sour. Enjoy!
Cashew Cream is gorgeous as a summer snack or dessert served with fresh fruit, torn mint leaves and an extra squeeze of fresh lemon. It is also healthy, hearty and sunny enough for breakfast where you might add fruit, flaxseeds, soaked pistachios, a drizzle of honey or a spoonful of chyavanprash.
We sell both probiotics as well as yummy chyavanprash and offer one flat shipping rate.
“Blockage is disease/Flow is health” 😊
All work no play makes an immune-deficient body.
In Ayurveda, Ojas is our protection, our immunity from disease.
Try a few of these tips from Ayurveda Wellness Healing, LLC to build up your Ojas…or contact us for a private consultation…
Building your Physical Ojas:
• Eat Seasonally. If we eat what is offered by nature seasonally and without much processing, our ojas will tend to be strong. We will then naturally crave that which is attuned to our constitution (Body type/Dosha).
• Move your breath through your body for 20 minutes upon arising.
• Cleanse or Detox in the Fall and Spring. Ama (undigested foods and experiences that store in our bodies) When Ama is less, ojas is more.
• Eat 2-3 meals a day. Allowing proper time for complete digestion enables ojas to be formed. Eating too frequently creates ama.
• Sip hot water throughout the day. Sipping hot water will clear your channels of ama and refresh the space.
Building Ojas in the Mind Body:
• Meditate Daily. Allowing time and space for the digestion of mental impressions clears the confusion and mental ama (toxins).
• Self-massage with warm oil (sesame) before showering will help to nurture your nerves, which enables ojas to spread throughout you.
• Create space for down time. The feeling of shared joy, laughter and feeling alive, boosts ojas. Make time each day for a dose.
“Blockage is disease/Flow is health” 😊