What is Nia?
Safe, thoughtful, cardiovascular fitness to great music!
No-impact movement, adaptable to all levels of fitness and ability
Nia is a fun, no-impact cardiovascular, fitness program that draws from
three areas of movement:
- Martial Arts: Tai Chi, Taekwando & Aikido
- Dance Arts:Jazz, Modern & Interpretive Dance
- Healing Arts:Yoga, Alexander Technique & Feldenkrais Method
Nia can be practiced by people of all ages and ability levels. Nia can be done in bare feet
and comfortable workout or yoga clothing.
Where are Nia Classes?
- Seniors can take a free class on Mondays at 1 pm at the Rose Baker Senior Center.
- Manchester Athletic Club members can take Nia classes on Monday and Wednesdays at 8 am.
- Class is also held at the MAGMA (Movement Arts Gloucester MA) on Thursday mornings at 10:15 AM. MAGMA Building Access:You may find MAGMA by either entering the building on the Pleasant St. side or via the Main St. entrance. The elevator is accessed by the Main St. door. Walk to the rear of the arcade and take the elevator to 5th floor and walk through the gymnastics space.
Who is Linda Wilkes
Linda Wilkes is a white belt certified Nia instructor and certified Restorative Yoga teacher. She is a semi-retired graphic designer living in West Gloucester.
Linda grew up ballet dancing and started out life as a registered nurse. She relishes the opportunity to combine her love of music, health and movement with Nia and looks forward to passing on this fun movement form to others.
If you have any questions, contact Linda at email@example.com
Hope to see you soon!
Reblogged this on Good Morning Gloucester.