American Heart Month – Smoking is a Major Risk Factor for Heart Disease. Besides causing breathing problems and lung cancer, smoking is also a major cause of cardiovascular (heart and blood vessel) disease.
- Cigarette smoking accounts for about one-fifth of all deaths from heart disease in the United States.
- Smokers have a two to four fold increase in coronary artery disease and about a 70 percent higher death rate from coronary artery disease than do nonsmoker.
- Smoking is a major risk factor for heart disease.
Smoking is the No. 1 cause of preventable disease and death.
According to the American Heart Association– cigarette smoking is the most important preventablecause of premature death in the United States, accounting for 440,000 of the more than 2.4 million annual deaths.
Massachusetts’ Campaign to Stop Smoking. 1-800-Quit-Now
STOP NOW! You’ll be glad you did. 🙂 Contact me for information that can help you stop.
April 7th – My 22nd Anniversary of Stopping Smoking! I smoked for 22 years and I am a NON-Smoker, for 22 years! Five years into smoking cigarettes, I began to look for help stopping. I knew how bad it was for my body, hated the smell, the taste, and the lack of control I felt. I was already hooked on nicotine. Addicted to cigarettes since the age of 15, it took me another 17 years, multiple attempts, a combination of tools and support and a healthy, determined mindset that finally led to my success. After years of trying, I made the decision to STOP. In order to remain FREE from Cigarettes, I began working in Smoking Cessation & Tobacco Treatment, as part of my professional practice. Helping Others Succeed in Smoking Cessation is Joyful.
Want to Stop Smoking? There’s an app for that. Review of smartphone applications for smoking cessation. Smoking and ways to stop smoking are multi-faceted. Ask your doctor for help. Contact me for evidence-based, adjunctive, supportive therapy for smoking cessation.
- “Happily Smoke-FREE! Thank you again!” — S.J. Peabody MA
(Successful Smoking Cessation since 2012 With Hypnotherapy and Tobacco Treatment Counseling.)
- “My visit to you and your expertise in smoking cessation exercises provided the spark that led me down…and keeps me on… what I call the Yellow Brick Road, which is my smoke-free environment.” — Bill S. (Smoke-Free since 2011, with hypnosis)
- “I thank you, and my grandchildren thank you.”— Cynthia Z. (Smoke-FREE since 2002 after 1 session.)
“Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” — Unknown
Best in health,
Sources and More Information:
Disclaimer: This blog provides general information and discussion about health and related subjects. The words and other content provided in this blog, and in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice. If the reader or any other person has a medical concern, he or she should consult with an appropriately licensed physician or other health care worker. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this blog or in any linked materials. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. The views expressed on this blog and website have no relation to those of any academic, hospital, practice or other institution with which the authors are affiliated.