Attend the LungForce Expo and learn more about lung cancer, COPD, asthma and other respiratory issues, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment. Tuesday. November 1st. Boston Marriott Newton. 2345 Commonwealth Avenue. Newton, MA. For patients, care givers and health professionals.
Lung Cancer Statistics –
- Lung Cancer is the leading cause of cancer death in the United States.
- 1 out of 4 Cancer Deaths are from lung cancer.
- More people die each year from lung cancer than colon, prostate and breast cancer combined
- The rate of lung cancer in men has dropped 32% for men, but risen 94% for women
Prevention, Early Detection and Treatment Can Save Lives.
- 5 year survival rate for lung cancer is 55% when detected early (localized to the lung.)
Decrease Risk Factors –
- Stop Smoking (Best thing you can do is ‘never start.’ )
- Avoid exposure to second-hand smoke
- Avoid exposure to radon* and other chemicals
- Eat healthy, balanced meals with a variety of fruits and vegetables.
- Exercise regularly. (Ask your doctor for recommendations.)
*Have your home tested for radon – Contact your local public health department or the American Lung Society for information on radon testing. More information on Radon Here.
‘Stop Smoking’ Today! Help is Available – Tobacco use and nicotine addiction is complex. Stopping smoking may require a comprehensive, collaborative approach.
Stopping Smoking is the Single Most Important Step you can take to improve their longevity and quality of life.
- American Cancer Society – Quit for Life
- American Lung Association – Freedom From Smoking
- Lahey Healthcare Freedom From Smoking
- Massachusetts Make Smoking History
The GOOD News – The minute you stop smoking, your health begins to improve. Help and support are available for those that want to stop smoking.
Ask Your Physician – about your lung health, prevention of disease, screening, diagnosis, treatment and recommendations to stop smoking. If you have lung disease or have undergone lung surgery, ask about Pulmonary Rehabilitation.**
Dreamtime Wellness™ – Offers Smoking Cessation Programs. Ask about our programs and Free Consultation.
See you at the LungForce Expo!
Enjoy the Breath of Life, and a Healthier You, Karen
Karen Pischke B.S.N., R.N., C.C.R.N. Alumnus. Certified Hypnotherapist, Tobacco Treatment Specialist, Usui Reiki Teacher/Komyo Shihan. Owner/Founder of Dreamtime Wellness LLC. Promoting Optimal Wellness for Body, Mind and Spirit www.DreamtimeWellness.com. Find us on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dreamtime-Wellness-/348619611849199
Disclaimer: This blog provides general information and discussion about health and related subjects. The words and other content provided in this blog, and in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice. If the reader or any other person has a medical concern, he or she should consult with an appropriately licensed physician or other health care worker. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this blog or in any linked materials. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. The views expressed on this blog and website have no relation to those of any academic, hospital, practice or other institution with which the authors are affiliated.
Sources and More Information –