‘Earth Day’ is Tomorrow – April 22nd! Celebrate on Cape Ann!
Tomorrow is the 45th Anniversary of Earth Day, what many consider to be the beginning of the environmental movement.
Spend the Day in a Healthy Way ~ Celebrate and Enjoy Nature on Beautiful Cape Ann!
- Walk, mediate, dance, or sing as you enjoy one of the many beautiful beaches – Wingaersheek, Good Harbor, Long Beach (Gloucester,) Cape Hedge, (Rockport), Singing Beach (Manchester)
- Sit and meditate or gather shells at one of the smaller beaches – Plum Cove (Gloucester,) Niles Pond, Black and White Beaches (Manchester) Front and Back Beach (Rockport) or along the salt marsh (Essex.) Enjoy diverse nature, animal and bird life.
- Kayak or canoe the Essex or Annisquam Rivers. (*Be prepared for cold water temperatures!)
- Bike along Route 127 or Bass Rocks, a favorite place for artists, and enjoy waves crashing on the rocks. (Be sure to wear a helmet!)
- Hike or mountain bike thorough undeveloped woods in Dogtown and be transported back in time. Explore the Babson Boulders, inscribed with virtues such as – ‘Help Mother,’ ‘Study.’
- Enjoy a panoramic view of Cape Ann from Pole’s Hill (Gloucester.)
- Enjoy leisurely strolls at Coolidge Reservation (Manchester,) Halibut Point State Park (Rockport) Ravenswood (Gloucester) and Cox Reservation (Essex.)
- Make time for a picnic lunch at Stage Fort Park or Manchester Harbor
- Enjoy digging in the warm earth and plant a tree, some flowers, start a vegetable garden.
- Take a pair of gloves and a plastic bag and clean up litter wherever you go. Every little bit helps!
If you can’t make it to Cape Ann tomorrow, spend some time in the outdoors wherever you can – enjoy the sun on your face, a cool breeze, rivers, ponds and oceans, smell the fresh air, the scents of spring and renewal wherever you are! Enjoy a ‘daily attitude of gratitude’ of all that we reap from the earth, and be sure to ‘give back’ in return.
If you can’t get out, enjoy the meditative sights and sounds of ‘Spring Thaw 2015’ –
~ Happy Healthy Earth Day! ~ Karen
Karen Pischke B.S.N., R.N. Owner/Founder of Dreamtime Wellness™ Promoting Optimal Wellness for Body, Mind & Spirit www.DreamtimeWellness.com. Find us on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dreamtime-Wellness-/348619611849199
Disclaimer: This blog provides general information and discussion about health and related subjects. The words and other content provided in this blog, and in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice. If the reader or any other person has a medical concern, he or she should consult with an appropriately licensed physician or other health care worker. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this blog or in any linked materials. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. The views expressed on this blog and website have no relation to those of any academic, hospital, practice or other institution with which the authors are affiliated.