To participate in and donate to Reid’s Ride –
Stage Fort Park will be hopping with activity as the finish line for Reid’s Ride, Sunday July 16th,
Come to Stage Fort Park, Gloucester MA Sunday, July 16th and meet ‘the force’ behind Reid’s Ride –
Join Reid’s Family, Lorraine, Gene, Weston, Deb and Frank Sacco and their wonderful group of organizers and participants for 28 Mile fundraising Bicycle Ride from Lynnfield MA high school to Gloucester MA, Stage Fort Park.
So much positivity behind this group, you can’t help but get caught up in their wave of progress against cancer in adolescents and young adults.
Stage Fort Park, overlooking beautiful Gloucester Harbor –
- Greet and cheer on the cyclists as they arrive at the end of their 28 mile ride to Stage Fort Park.
- Stop by the Raffle Table at the finish, Stage Fort Park for Dinners, Red Sox tickets, a ‘Gift of Wellness’ Basket and much more!
- Stop by the DreamTeam ‘Wellness Tent.’ A ‘DreamTeam’ of Professional Wellness Providers and volunteers will be offering Massage, Reflexology and Reiki. FREE to Reid’s Ride cyclists and volunteers; ‘By Donation’ to all others with 100% of the donations going to Reid’s Ride and the Reid R. Sacco AYA Cancer Alliance, supporting AYA Programs at Tufts Medical Center, Connecticut Children’s Hospital, and More!
- Enjoy some cooling Dunkin’ Donuts iced coffee while you’re there!
To Support Reid’s Ride – sign up to ride or you may also make contributions on-line, by going to “Donations” .
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has. ~ Margaret Mead
The ‘DreamTeam‘ Wellness Tent. We will be at Stage Park offering brief sessions of integrative therapies (massage, reflexology, and reiki) on Sunday, July 16th 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. Join Us or Donate! For More Information About the ‘DreamTeam’ and the Wellness Tent – Phone 978-283-4258 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Integrative Oncology – To learn more about therapies offered in ‘Integrative Oncology’ (incorporating complementary therapies with conventional medicine as supportive care and symptom management,) – National Institutes of Health/National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health
Some specific articles –
- Integrative Oncology : Best of Both Worlds
- NIH Introduction to Reiki:
- The effects of Reiki therapy on pain and anxiety in patients attending a day oncology and infusion services unit.
Integrative Oncology – In my role as the RN/Reiki Provider at Cancer Centers (North Shore Medical Center, Mass General, Tufts Medical Center), I have heard first-hand patient reports regarding receiving Integrative Therapies during cancer treatment. They often report they: “feel better,” “cope better,” and some report “a greater sense of hope.'”
Try Reiki, ‘by donation’ in a supportive, safe environment.
- Manchester Community Center. Manchester-by-the-Sea. *Resuming ‘1st Tuesdays,’ September 5th. Register in Advance – 978-283-4258, email@example.com
- Rose Baker Senior Center. Gloucester MA. ‘3rd Fridays.’ Register in Advance – 978-281-9765
~ HOPE Never Stops ~
“God puts rainbows in the clouds so that each of us, in the dreariest and most dreaded moments, can see a possibility of hope.” ~ Maya Angelou
~ Honoring and supporting those in treatment. ~
… With Gratitude.
Disclaimer: This blog provides general information and discussion about health and related subjects. The words and other content provided in this blog, and in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice. If the reader or any other person has a medical concern, he or she should consult with an appropriately licensed physician or other health care worker. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this blog or in any linked materials. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. The views expressed on this blog and website have no relation to those of any academic, hospital, practice or other institution with which the authors are affiliated.