Riding for Reid R. Sacco AYA Cancer Alliance
To participate in and donate to Reid’s Ride –
Stage Fort Park will be hopping with activity as the finish line for Reid’s Ride, Sunday July 16th,
Come to Stage Fort Park, Gloucester MA Sunday, July 16th and meet ‘the force’ behind Reid’s Ride –
Join Reid’s Family, Lorraine, Gene, Weston, Deb and Frank Sacco and their wonderful group of organizers and participants for 28 Mile fundraising Bicycle Ride from Lynnfield MA high school to Gloucester MA, Stage Fort Park.
So much positivity behind this group, you can’t help but get caught up in their wave of progress against cancer in adolescents and young adults.
Stage Fort Park, overlooking beautiful Gloucester Harbor –
- Greet and cheer on the cyclists as they arrive at the end of their 28 mile ride to Stage Fort Park.
- Stop by the Raffle Table at the finish, Stage Fort Park for Dinners, Red Sox tickets, a ‘Gift of Wellness’ Basket and much more!
- Stop by the DreamTeam ‘Wellness Tent.’ A ‘DreamTeam’ of Professional Wellness Providers and volunteers will be offering Massage, Reflexology and Reiki. FREE to Reid’s Ride cyclists and volunteers; ‘By Donation’ to all others with 100% of the donations going to Reid’s Ride and the Reid R. Sacco AYA Cancer Alliance, supporting AYA Programs at Tufts Medical Center, Connecticut Children’s Hospital, and More!
- Enjoy some cooling Dunkin’ Donuts iced coffee while you’re there!
To Support Reid’s Ride – sign up to ride or you may also make contributions on-line, by going to “Donations” .
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has. ~ Margaret Mead
Extend your 4th of July Relaxation and Celebration this Tuesday, July 5th-
RELAX. CELEBRATE. DONATE
40 Beach St. Manchester-by-the-Sea. (At Harbor Point. Near the Manchester MBTA Stop and Dunkin Donuts.)
- Dine at La Casa de Luis for Reid’s Ride. 4 – 9 pm. A portion of the evening’s proceeds benefit Reid’s Ride. So much to choose from the menu. Try the healthy, fresh guacamole, delicious sizzling fajitas, and a margarita! If you prefer something lighter, try one of their amazingly fresh and tantalizing soups. The Caldo tlalpeño is one of my personal favorites, with a class of sparkling wine or a cup of tea. For Reservations Phone – 978-704-9599
- Community Reiki Share for Reid’s Ride. Manchester Community Center. Enjoy a relaxing session of Reiki (ray-kee) while supporting this great cause. 5:15 – 8:15 pm. $20.00 Suggested Donation ($10.00 for Seniors.) 100% of the Donations go to Reid’s Ride. Register in Advance for a Reiki Session – Phone: 978-283-4258 or Email: info@DreamtimeWellness.com. Come early and enjoy a meditation and other aspects of Japanese Reiki. Or, stop by to for tea and healthy snacks and enjoy the ‘peace and calm.’ Drop-in to Donate.
Reid’s Ride – A beautiful bike ride winding along the North Shore coastline to Cape Ann’s Stage Fort Park in Gloucester.
Stop by Stage Fort Park July 17th. Enter raffles; lots of great prizes: Red Sox tickets, dinners, spa packages and More. Stop by the Dream Team Wellness Tent and enjoy a session of massage, reflexology or reiki with views of Gloucester’s beautiful harbor. FREE to cyclists and volunteers; ‘by donation’ to others with 100% of the Wellness Tent donations going to Reid’s Ride. Join Us at Stage Fort Park July 17th!
Stage Fort Park Bandshell. © Cape Ann Images/Reprinted with Permission from Jay Alpert. Capeannimages.blogspot.com.
Join the Sacco Family and Get Caught Up in Reid’s Dream –
‘Be the Force Behind the Winds of Progress to Shift the Course of Cancer.’
Reid Sacco – “Life is Life Sailing”
‘Reid’s Ride’ Fundraiser and the Reid R. Sacco Foundation. Reid died from cancer at the young age of 20. Reid inspired many during his treatment with his courage and motivation to help others. Reid’s dream was to start a movement that would help find better treatment and find a cure for cancer. While I never met Reid, his courage, strength and inspiration live on through his family, friends and Reid’s foundation. http://www.cancerinyoungadults.org/about-the-alliance/
In its 11th year, Reid’s Ride take’s place Sunday. July 19th. A 28 miles Bicycle ride through beautiful sea-side communities from Lynnfield to Gloucester, MA. To Register to Ride or Learn How You Can Donate – http://www.firstgiving.com/Reidsride
The energy behind Reid’s Ride. Reid’s Family organize and are the energy behind Reid’s Ride. ‘Motivated by love’ and ‘guided by spirit!’ Raising money to support the Reid R. Sacco Foundation so that Reid’s legacy endures, they have raised enough money to support research and treatment for Adolescents and Young Adults (AYA) with cancer at medical centers in 3 states – CT, MA and ME.
The Reid R. Sacco Foundation Objectives –
- To raise funds to support clinical research directed at finding better treatments and cures for cancers predominantly striking young adults
- To grant scholarships to high school seniors demonstrating academic excellence, the pursuit of good health and physical fitness, excellent peer leadership, and outstanding character.
For more information on Resources for AYA – http://www.cancerinyoungadults.org/resources/