November 17th. Today is ‘Lung Force Giving Day’ at the American Lung Association. Join me in this effort to stop lung cancer! Donate or become a social ambassador and spread the word!
The Goal – Raise $$$ for innovations in research and personalized treatments against the #1 cancer killer – Lung Cancer.
Innovative Targeted Therapies for Lung Cancer have improved the outcome of lung cancer. Innovative research and personalized treatmentt are the goals for this fund-raiser.
- Lung cancer is the #1 cancer killer of men and women.
- Every five minutes, a woman in the U.S. is told she has lung cancer.
- The lung cancer death rate in women increase in the last 37 years, while falling 24% among men.
- More American women die from lung cancer than breast cancer, ovarian cancer, cervical cancer combined.
- More American men die from lung cancer than colon cancer and prostate cancer combined.
- People that smoke are at increased risk for lung cancer (And other cancers, heart disease, stroke, COPD.)
- Anyone can get lung cancer; Non-smokers too.
- Exposure to radon gas is the 2nd leading cause of lung cancer. Like carbon monoxide, you cannot see or smell radon; it is colorless, odorless gas. To find out more about radon and how to order a test kit – http://www2.epa.gov/radon/find-radon-test-kit-or-measurement-and-mitigation-professional
Indoor Levels of Radon in Essex Are Higher Than the National Average Due to the Granite. – http://county-radon.info/MA/Essex.html
You don’t have to smoke to get lung cancer. Check out this video – http://www.lungforce.org/vision-video
Talk to your doctor about risks, prevention and early detection. Regardless of the cause of lung cancer – smoking, radon, asbestos, pollution – prevention and early detection can save lives.