October is Breast and Liver Cancer Awareness Month.
Reminder to Schedule a Mammogram!
How many people face a diagnosis of cancer?
Statistics from 2017– Here you will also find information about ways to prevent and treat cancer, and good news about prevention and survival rates.
The Good News, According to the American Cancer Society –
- A substantial proportion of cancers could be prevented
- All cancers caused by tobacco use and heavy alcohol consumption could be prevented.
- Many of the more than 3 million skin cancer cases that are diagnosed annually could be prevented by protecting skin from excessive sun exposure and avoiding indoor tanning.
- Screening can prevent colorectal and cervical cancers through early detection and removal of precancerous lesions.
- Screening is known to reduce (death rates) for cancers of the breast, colon, rectum, cervix, and lung (with long-term and/or heavy smokers)
- Healthy Lifestyles (healthy weight, healthy nutrition, exercise, no smoking, minimal alcohol) can help prevent cancer
- Improvement in survival rates over the past 30 years reflects both the earlier diagnosis of certain cancers and improvements in treatment.
Prevention and Early Detection Saves Lives – Ask your doctor about ways to prevent, screen for, and treat cancer.
What to Expect From a Mammogram –
Emotional Impacts of Cancer – A diagnosis of cancer and having to undergo treatment may cause anxiety and depression and effects families as well as patients.
Ask your doctor or nurse about ways to cope and deal with the stress of cancer diagnosis and treatment.
Private and Group Relaxation Therapies are Available Through Dreamtime Wellness™
While more research is indicated, reiki may be helpful for decreasing stress and anxiety in patients receiving treatment for cancer. This study indicates a significant decrease in anxiety after a reiki session, and potential for improved comfort.
Read further for SPECIAL OFFERINGS at Dreamtime Wellness™ During the Month of October –
- Gift a Loved One a Gift Certificate for a Reiki or Hypnosis Session and SAVE $20.00 During the Month of October. (Limit 3 per person. Enter Code: October1111PrivateSession when ordering.)
- SAVE $10.00 on Self-Hypnosis ‘Optimal Wellness’ Mp3 Downloads During the Month of October (Enter Code: October1111mp3 when ordering.)
To Order Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Call 978-283-4258 or Order Direct from our on-line store
Note – Reiki, Hypnosis, Meditation and other complementary therapies are not meant to be used ‘in place of’ conventional medical therapies but can offer supportive care, emotionally, physically, and spiritually to help aid in symptom management and improved quality of life.
“The first wealth is health.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Take good care of your self. You will be glad you did. Wishing you a happy, healthy lifetime. ~ Karen
Disclaimer: This blog provides general information and discussion about health and related subjects. The words and other content provided in this blog, and in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice. If the reader or any other person has a medical concern, he or she should consult with an appropriately licensed physician or other health care worker. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this blog or in any linked materials. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. The views expressed on this blog and website have no relation to those of any academic, hospital, practice or other institution with which the authors are affiliated.