Valentine’s Day is About LOVE. Here’s a reminder to be sure to love the most important person in your life – YOU! What is one thing you can do to shower yourself with love today?
Studies show that self-love, self-acceptance’ and self-compassion are good for mind, body and spirit, including –
- Improved mood
- Decreased anxiety
- Decreased levels of stress
- Health-promoting behaviors
- Greater levels of happiness
- More frequent health-promoting behaviors.
“If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.”
— Dalai Lama
February is National Heart Month. This Valentine’s Day, be sure to take good care of your Self!
Here are the Cardiac Risk Factors YOU Can Control –
- High Blood Pressure
- THE GOOD NEWS- Blood pressure can be controlled through healthy diet, healthy weight, exercise, relaxation and when needed, medication as prescribed by your doctor. FREE Blood Pressure Check; Contact Us.
- THE GOOD NEWS – Within minutes of stopping smoking you experience health benefits! Contact us with advice on how to stop.
- THE GOOD NEWS – For those overweight, losing even 10% from your current weight, you can lower your risk of heart disease.
- THE GOOD NEWS – Regular, moderate physical activity helps prevent heart and blood vessel disease.
- THE GOOD NEWS – The risks are lessened through healthy diet, healthy weight, exercise, relaxation and when needed, medication as prescribe by your doctor.
The #1 Prescription For Your Good Health is EXERCISE!
Regular exercise helps reduce the above risk factors for heart disease. Ask your doctor about your risks for heart disease. Talk to your doctor beforehand if you have not been exercising; ask for an exercise prescription.
Relaxation – helps decrease stress and benefits the heart by:
- Slowing heart rate
- Lowering blood pressure
- Slowing your breathing rate
- Maintaining normal blood sugar levels
- Reducing activity of stress hormones
- Increasing blood flow to major muscles (including the heart
- Improving sleep quality
- Reducing anger and frustration
- and more ..
VALENTINE’s SPECIAL – Purchase Gift Certificates for Reiki and/or Hypnosis for Relaxation* During the Month of February and SAVE $25.00 with mention of this notice. (*Discounted hypnosis for general relaxation only. Does not include other hypnosis sessions.)
Ask About Our Corporate Lectures for Stress Management and Behavior Changes. Our lectures are educational, interactive and have been well-received at various hospitals, healthcare settings and community centers. Contact Us for Details.
There’s a warming trend this week on Cape Ann, with temperatures rising into the 6o’s. Get out and enjoy the fresh air! You’re heart will be glad you did!
Happy, Healthy Valentine’s Day ! ~ Karen Pischke, B.S.N., R.N.
Karen Pischke BSN, RN, CCRN Alumnus, Author, Speaker, Nurse Researcher, Certified Hypnotherapist, Tobacco Treatment Specialist, Usui Reiki Teacher/Komyo Shihan. Owner/Founder of Dreamtime Wellness LLC. Your Bridge to Health. Promoting Optimal Wellness for Mind, Body and Spirit. Karen is a registered nurse with a background in critical care nursing, cardiac rehabilitation, cardiac risk factor reduction, wellness and integrative healthcare. Incorporating a collaborative, integrative approach, Karen strives to educate and provide evidence-based services and self-care tools that are safe as well as effective at improving health, happiness and wellbeing. www.DreamtimeWellness.com. Find us on Instagram and Facebook
Disclaimer: This blog provides general information and discussion about health and related subjects. The words and other content provided in this blog, and in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice. If the reader or any other person has a medical concern, he or she should consult with an appropriately licensed physician or other health care worker. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this blog or in any linked materials. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. The views expressed on this blog and website have no relation to those of any academic, hospital, practice or other institution with which the authors are affiliated.
Sources and More Information: