For the next two weeks we will be supporting Cape Ann Angles! Please feel free to help us support our local high school students. Grab a tag off the tree and purchase the gift card in need or give us the cash and we’ll go shopping for you. Let’s support our community!
WE WILL HAVE IT TODAY AT OUR BIRTHDAY PARTY!
COME CELEBRATE WITH US TODAY 10/16/19 4-7 AND HAVE SOME FUN!
HEALTHY SNACKS, MUSIC, HEALTHY WINE TASTING, 10 CIRCUIT TRAINING STATIONS WITH OUR TRAINERS, RAFFLES, DEALS!
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!
Don’t know about you, but I LOVE exercising outdoors amid the natural beauty of Cape Ann. Generally Cape Ann seems to have ‘blue skies and sunshine,’ (at least in my mind, 🙂 but cooler, rainy days lead me to exercise indoors with a walk on the treadmill.
You’ve Heard the Excuses – “To0 cold.” “Too snowy.” “Too rainy.” “Too Windy.” “Too Tired.” “Too Little Time….” Too Many Excuses… But with Exercise Being the #1 Prescription for Good Health, there’s NO Good Excuse, Except for ‘TOO Sick.’ When weather conditions are not the best for outdoor activities and if you don’t have home equipment, there are many health clubs right here on Cape Ann to choose from. Some may offer ‘drop in rates’ and ‘special discounts.’ Regular exercise can help reduce stress, boost immunity, improve mood, and keep you healthier! http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001941.htm
Here is a Sample of Health Clubs on Cape Ann –
- Cape Ann YMCA – http://www.northshoreymca.org/locations/cape-ann/
- CrossFit Cape Ann – http://crossfitcapeann.com
- ClubXcel and northeast pilates http://www.northeastpilates.com
- Fitness Zone – http://www.fitnesszonegloucester.com
- O’Niel Fitness – www.onielfitness.com
- StreamlineStrength Fitness and Pilates – http://www.streamlinestrength.com
Personal Fitness Trainer – Here are the Top 5 National Fitness Certification Programs –
1. American Council on Exercise (ACE)
2. National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
3. International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA)
4. American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
5. National Strength and Conditional Associations (NSCA)
Top 10 Fitness Training Certifications Listed on the Live Strong Website – http://www.livestrong.com/article/436098-top-10-best-personal-trainer-certifications/
Indoors or Outdoors, the Key to Optimal Health is to Get Moving and ‘Get Fit!’
Enjoy these Personal Mantras/Positive Affirmations from Our ‘Motivation to Exercise’ Hypnosis Program –
” Exercise Energize.” “Exercise Makes Me Smile!” “Exercise Makes Me Feel Good!”
* Note: If you have not been exercising or have health issues, check with your doctor first for safe exercise guidelines (an ‘exercise prescription’) before beginning a new exercise program.
Exercise safely, get fit, and enjoy greater levels of health and wellbeing. ~ Karen Pischke, BSN, RN
~ Karen Pischke B.S.N., R.N. Owner/Founder of Dreamtime Wellness™ Promoting Optimal Wellness for Body, Mind & Spirit www.DreamtimeWellness.com. Find us on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dreamtime-Wellness-/348619611849199
Disclaimer: This blog provides general information and discussion about health and related subjects. The words and other content provided in this blog, and in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice. If the reader or any other person has a medical concern, he or she should consult with an appropriately licensed physician or other health care worker. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this blog or in any linked materials. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. The views expressed on this blog and website have no relation to those of any academic, hospital, practice or other institution with which the authors are affiliated.