NBC News Report Today –
- Smoking kills 1200 people a day.
- Tobacco companies worked to make cigarettes as addictive as possible.
- No there no such thing as a safer cigarette.
Big Tobacco “fought for 11 years to delay the truth.” (nbc news.)
Smoking and Nicotine Addiction – Nicotine Addiction is a serious addiction that often requires a combination of treatments (cognitive behavioral therapy, tobacco treatment counseling and medication) to successfully stop smoking and decrease the risks of the harmful effects caused by smoking.
Get Help. Talk to Your Doctor.
Motivation to Stop Smoking: ‘Top 10 Reasons’ to Stop Smoking – (heard from my clients.)
- My health
- Health of a loved one
- More quality time with family/ children/ grandchildren
- Have more energy
- Better able to exercise
- Save money
- Feel better
- Breathe easier
- Sex life will improve
- Help prevent cancer
- Help prevent heart disease
- Easier to walk up stairs
- Get rid of that nagging cough
- Get rid of the social stigma
- Hair, skin and breath will smell better
- Food will taste better
- Car will smell better
- Traveling on planes will be easier
- I can attend events without have to leave
- Regain control over your life
- Enjoy a sense of pride …
What Are Your ‘Reasons to Stop?’ One of these listed above? Or something else? Share your ‘reasons to stop’ with Good Morning Gloucester Friends of Blog (FOB) and help motivate others!
Already stopped?? Congratulations!!!
Let Good Morning Gloucester Followers Know – What Was ‘Most Helpful’ for Your Success?