June brings in a summer diet.
When planning a meal think of what you will find at your local farmers market. This will help to keep you balanced and aide in your digestion. Sprouts are light and astringent and will add a crunch to your salads. Add in some easy digestible proteins like green beans, sweet peas, quinoa and white flaky fish.
Sprouts are loaded with proteins, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Ayurveda Wellness Healing, LLC loves the below recipe.
• 2 cups of sprouted moong beans
• 1 small or medium sized onion, finely chopped
• 1 medium sized tomato, finely chopped
• 1 green chilli (optional), finely chopped
• 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
• 1 tsp lemon juice or as required
• 1 boiled potato or sweet potato (optional)
• A few coriander leaves and lemon slices for garnishing
• Rock salt or black salt as required
• Rinse the sprouted moong beans in water.
• You can either steam them or boil them till they are completely cooked.
• Strain the cooked sprouts.
• Mix all the ingredients except the salt and lemon juice in a bowl.
• Season with salt and add a few drops of lemon juice. Garnish with lemon slices and coriander leaves.
• Serve immediately and enjoy
“Blockage is disease/Flow is health”