Cilantro Mint Chutney is Ayurveda Wellness Healing, LLC favorite spring time go to!
Spring is know as Kapha season through the lens of Ayurveda and we need to help ourselves by eating foods that will help lift the fog, dampness and break up mucus.
Cilantro calms our immune sensitivity to pollen. It is hypoallergenic and cools the liver.
Mint refreshes the mind, disperses dullness and lifts the fog. It breaks up mucus and fluid stagnation in the lungs, throat and sinuses. Mint and cilantro are both diuretics with the potential to drain excess water via the urinary tract. Raw onions have a cleansing effect on the liver and a laxative effect in the GI. Wild onions, a common weed, are a great addition to the spring time menu.
Cilantro Mint Chutney:
Makes about 2 cups
• 2 cups packed fresh cilantro sprigs
• 1 cup packed fresh mint leaves
• 1/2 cup chopped white onion
• 1/3 cup water
• 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
• 1 teaspoon chopped fresh small green chiles, such as serrano or Thai, including seeds, or to taste
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• 3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
Put it on everything you eat – and enjoy!
“Blockage is disease/Flow is health” 😊