All work no play makes an immune-deficient body.
In Ayurveda, Ojas is our protection, our immunity from disease.
Try a few of these tips from Ayurveda Wellness Healing, LLC to build up your Ojas…or contact us for a private consultation…
Building your Physical Ojas:
• Eat Seasonally. If we eat what is offered by nature seasonally and without much processing, our ojas will tend to be strong. We will then naturally crave that which is attuned to our constitution (Body type/Dosha).
• Move your breath through your body for 20 minutes upon arising.
• Cleanse or Detox in the Fall and Spring. Ama (undigested foods and experiences that store in our bodies) When Ama is less, ojas is more.
• Eat 2-3 meals a day. Allowing proper time for complete digestion enables ojas to be formed. Eating too frequently creates ama.
• Sip hot water throughout the day. Sipping hot water will clear your channels of ama and refresh the space.
Building Ojas in the Mind Body:
• Meditate Daily. Allowing time and space for the digestion of mental impressions clears the confusion and mental ama (toxins).
• Self-massage with warm oil (sesame) before showering will help to nurture your nerves, which enables ojas to spread throughout you.
• Create space for down time. The feeling of shared joy, laughter and feeling alive, boosts ojas. Make time each day for a dose.
“Blockage is disease/Flow is health” 😊