• Eat Seasonally. If we eat what is offered by nature seasonally and without much processing, our ojas will tend to be strong. We will then naturally crave that which is attuned to our constitution (Body type/Dosha).
• Move your breath through your body for 20 minutes upon arising.
• Cleanse or Detox in the Fall and Spring. Ama (undigested foods and experiences that store in our bodies) When Ama is less, ojas is more.
• Eat 2-3 meals a day. Allowing proper time for complete digestion enables ojas to be formed. Eating too frequently creates ama.
• Sip hot water throughout the day. Sipping hot water will clear your channels of ama and refresh the space.
Building Ojas in the Mind Body:
• Meditate Daily. Allowing time and space for the digestion of mental impressions clears the confusion and mental ama (toxins).
• Self-massage with warm oil (sesame) before showering will help to nurture your nerves, which enables ojas to spread throughout you.
• Create space for down time. The feeling of shared joy, laughter and feeling alive, boosts ojas. Make time each day for a dose.
Our digestive system was not designed to handle non-stop large, heavy, complex meals. The western eating habits place continual stress on the digestive system with inadequate “down-time” for the system to recuperate. When we over eat, eat too heavy or snack in-between meals we overwork the system causeing log-jams downstream resulting in undigested food that putrefies and ferments, leading to gas, bloating and potential accumulation of “ama” (toxins) from food and unprocessed emotions.
Though the lens of Ayurveda – food combining plays a big part in our digestion.
Cheese, which is cold, heavy and mucus forming, is best eaten alone or with vegetables. Many of the western serving methods (i.e., cheese and crackers; cheese and apples; macaroni and cheese, cheese with sandwiches, cheese pizza, etc.) are very difficult to digest.
Though the lens of Ayurveda one must eat food that is from the earth. Fresh whole foods…not processed foods with additives and preservatives with refined flours, and sugars. Fresh whole foods are from the earth and our bodies know how to work with them as “food is medicine”.
Next time you are buying and cooking your food keep this in mind: how does it feel, smell, look, taste and sound, yes sound.
When we eat mindfully we have turned our food into medicine for our bodies and our minds.
Remember to chew your food well as it activates enzymes that break down hard to digest foods. In Ayurveda we say: “you are not what you eat but what you digest”.
Everything around us has an effect on something within us. The frequency of the moon affects the mind and influences our feelings, emotions, and desires. The practice of making Ghee on a full moon is considered auspicious because the moon is thought to influence “Soma” the source of nourishment, nectar, and bliss. Soma is a Sanskrit term which is derived from the root word “su” which means to energize, stimulate, expand and grow.
Think of Ghee as liquefied sunlight! Ghee is the most refined end product of milk and one should consider using in place of butter. Because the milk solids have been removed, it has a higher smoking point than butter.
Through the lens of #Ayurveda here are a few benefits of incorporating Ghee into your diet:
Dosen’t spoil easily
Rich in vitamins
Healthy digestive tract
Higher smoking point
Contact us to purchase a fresh jar or two while they last! We ship anywhere in the US.
Join Kim of Ayurveda Wellness Healing and Katie of North Shore Restorative Yoga on our Sedona Retreat…Relax into Being. January 17-21, 2019
The stunning vistas and red rock of Sedona are calling you back home to your heart. The perfect setting to relax, let go and fall in love with yourself as you absorb the powerful healing energy of this geological wonderland. Find your peace and revival at the luxury Sedona Rouge Spa & hotel, where adventure meets deep relaxation, with daily yoga classes, group discussion, Ayurveda, Vortex Energy Chakra Healing, 15% off on spa services, swag bag, breakfast & lunch, and so much more!
Slow down, reconnect and empower your life with daily rituals that purify and clarify your highest intentions. Join us on this relaxing and healing journey of a lifetime!
Early bird registration before 10/1 and SAVE $200
**First 8 to register will be included in a raffle to win FREE round trip airfare! !
For more information and registration: www.nsryoga.com
Please join Ayurveda Wellness Healing, LLC for a powerful session of restorative Yoga combined with the deep relaxation of Yoga Nidra . (Yoga deep sleep) & Aromatherapy, Wednesday, July 11 from 6:30-8:30pm
This class will incorporate meditation, breath work, aromatherapy, and supportive healing yoga poses. We will combine the energy of the new moon to set our intention for the month ahead while deeply relaxing the body to ground these intentions and heal the body and mind.
Benefits of Yoga Nidra
• Increase Immune function
• Improved digestion
• Better sleep
• Releases old habit, fatigue, worry and stress
We supply all the mats and props.
Space is limited and pre-registration is required.
Please register by calling: 978-852-0066.
Or email: email@example.com